Thursday, December 13, 2012

Gap in Boston Globe electronic coverage


There is currently a gap in our coverage for the early 80's.  I asked Laureen Esser about it, and here's her reply:
So this is where we are right now:  Widener has looked at options for filling in this gap several times. There are limited options, they have been very costly and we haven’t yet gotten commitments from any other libraries to help fund one of these options.  But we’ll be looking at a ProQuest subscription early in the new year and I’ll try to keep you updated!  I think this product will still be text only for the missing years though.

Out of curiosity I checked on my Globe subscription and the archival access offered is:

1/1/1980 - Present (Text)

3/4/1872 - 12/31/1979 (Historic Article Images)
That coverage seems good but it may be that for the recent past we’ll only have a text option. 

1 comment: