This is a heads-up for people working in Widener or triaging catalog
records for a whole range of LSoc items that currently list
"Conservation" as their location and come with an "ask at Reference or
Circulation" message.
These items, I've learned, were wet, sent out for treatment and have
returned to the shelves. The problem is that the catalog hasn't caught
up with that fact; it's some kind of macro change that the people on D
have been trying to get fixed for some time.
Alison, in the Wid Conservation Lab, made me a copy of the ranges; as a
short term solution, I'll leave a copy at the Info Desk in case you
encounter the same kind of question from patrons. They should be
directed to check the shelves.
Francesca in Circ at Wid is on this -- I brought her the copy and
she's going to try to expedite the record correction.
No comments:
Post a Comment